Over the winter, I spent some time creating delicious soups. I feel it’s the perfect winter warmer. One of the quickest and easiest soups I cooked was carrot and parsnip soup. Today I will be sharing the recipe with you.
A tablespoon of Paprika
Salt and pepper
Half an onion
One teaspoon of olive oil
- Peel and chop carrots, parsnips, onion and tomato into medium sized chunks. Add in all chopped vegetables into a cooking pot, add in water (enough just so that the vegetables are covered) and then add in the olive oil, salt and pepper and paprika.
- Put on medium- low heat and simmer for about 45-60 minutes.
- The vegetables should now be soft, so you can take it off the heat and let it cool down.
- Once cooled down, blend until smooth or if you’d like some texture pulse it for a few seconds and then you are done.
- Serve with croutons, toast or crackers and enjoy! You can also add in a few drops of cream to your soup. Yummy! 😉
Tips & Tricks:
Do you ever find yourself throwing away vegetables? You forget about them and they end up being “out of date”? Well, I have two tips for you, if the vegetables are a few days out of date or they haven’t got long left till they go off, you can easily make a vegetable soup. Or you can chop up the vegetables, pop into a pan full of water, sprinkle in some seasoning and leave it to simmer to make a vegetable stock. Pour into ice-cube trays to freeze and use later. Now you don’t have to feel guilty about wasting veg and you can save a few pennies.
Also, don’t forget to check out Womanish Affairs Store!