Mango milkshake has been a “thing” for me and mum in Ramadan, especially when Ramadan falls in the summer. An hour before we are about to open our fast we whizz up a mango milkshake and pop it into the fridge until it’s time to eat and drink.
It’s quick and simple to make. It’s a perfect drink for those summer days or if you have a few friends over, rather than pouring in the usual carton drinks or squash, impress them with a milkshake!
3 mangoes or a tin of mango pulp
1 ½ scoops of vanilla ice cream
3-4 glasses of milk
1-2 teaspoon of sugar
- Peel and cut mangoes into blender or if you are using a tin of mango pulp, just pour that in.
- Add in the vanilla ice cream and milk then blend for a minute.
- If you feel it is too thick, pour in some more milk and blend until it the right consistency for you.
- Add in the sugar, then blend. You can add more or less according to your liking.
- You can also put in a few ice cubes into the blender if you’d like or you can pop a few into your glass.
- Pour yourself a glass, sit back and enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe? How did yours turn out?