It’s another food post and I wanted to share two of my favourite homemade dips; coleslaw and guacamole. The one thing I love most about making dips at home is that I get to choose what goes in and what doesn’t.
The first time I made coleslaw at home, I was impressed; it tasted better than the coleslaws you get from the shop. When it came to making guacamole, I found that every time I made it at home, my recipe was changing; I experimented a lot with it and still do.
Half a white cabbage
Half a red cabbage (also known as purple cabbage)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and wash all the vegetables.
- Thinly chop the cabbages and grate the carrots. You can also grate the cabbages or chop them up in bigger pieces if you’d like a crunchy coleslaw.
- Once the vegetables are done, put into a large mixing bowl and add the mayonnaise. It would be ideal to put it in little by little and mixing to see if you need to add in more.
- Finally, mix in the salt, pepper, olive oil and apple cider vinegar (olive oil and apple cider vinegar are optional, however, the ACV gives it that kick and you only need a little bit as it is quite strong).
1 clove of garlic
Sea salt to taste
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Handful of fresh coriander (optional)
- Peel, wash, and roughly chop all vegetables and herbs.
- Stick all ingredients into a blender and whizz until you are satisfied with the consistency. If you’d like your guac extra chunky or if you don’t have a blender, you can use a fork to mash up the ingredients.
- Once you are happy with the consistency, pop it into a bowl, add in the lemon juice (stops the guac from turning brown) and give it a mix.
You can serve these dips with nachos, or pop some into a homemade burger/wrap or put a few spoons into a salad. Whatever you fancy! If you end up with some leftover, you can put the dips into airtight containers and into the fridge, it will last around 4/5 days.
If you do try out these recipes, don’t forget to tag @womanishaffairs on social media, I would love to see if you recreate recipes that I share with you.
Have you made your own coleslaw or guacamole before? What’s your favourite dip? Let me know in the comments. 🙂
Don’t forget to check out Womanish Affairs Store